The MCL is always looking for volunteers, if you are interested in donating your time contact the library staff directly or stop by during operating hours. Because of limited staffing, the Makiki Community Library depends heavily on committed community volunteers, both to assist during the library’s open hours and support tasks throughout the year.
Volunteers are also needed to:
- Help to plan and market the annual fund-raising events
- Assist in developing a corporate sponsorship program
- Research and write grants
- Plan/write/edit a MCL newsletter
- Assist in the Art in Public Places program within the library
- Repair and maintain fixtures and facilities in the library
Interested in volunteering with the Makiki Community Library, contact us by phone, email or stop in during operating hours and fill out a volunteer application form. We are always looking for people with a variety of skills or talents. Senior citizen with a little time to spare? Student needing community services hours? Like working with the public?