We are celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Makiki Community Library on September 17th and 18th (Sat. and Sun.) from 12:00 to 4:00. Come and join us in the following activities:
- A big used book sale, including a variety of children’s books, vintage books, DVDs and records. Get your free book coupon to use at the book sale when you come to check-out books, before the anniversary weekend.
- The Sisters in Crime will be hosting round table discussions with local authors on Sat. until 4:00 and Sun. until 3:00. The public is welcome to participate.
- The Fairy Grandmother will bring magic and fun to the keiki on Sunday at 3:00.
- And oh . . . enjoy some refreshments!
For more information call (808) 536-7765.
Makiki Community Library Hours
Wednesdays 2-6 pm
Saturdays 12-4 pm
Sundays 12-4 pm
The book sale will be on Saturday, March 28 from 9 — 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 29 from noon — 4p.m. inside the Makiki Community Library. Prices are just 25 cents to $2 for children’s books, 50 cents to $2 for adult fiction, and $1 to $10+ for non-fiction. $1 for CDs. $2 for DVDs. Discount for multiple purchases. Members of The Friends of the Makiki Community Library can enter a half-hour earlier on Sunday.
Also on Saturday, will be the 7th Annual Makiki Easter Egg Hunt & Community Food Drive from 9:00am to 11:00am. Bring a canned food donation for the Parish of St. Clement’s Food Pantry and join the Easter festivities in the park including a Easter egg hunt (up to age 12), photos with the Easter bunny, face painting, crafts, and other keiki activities. Registration for the Easter Egg Hunt is at 9 a.m. (held in the Makiki District Park). Free. Call 393-0594 for questions about the Easter festivities.
Makiki Community Library will be having a book sale at the Farmer’s Market at St. Clement’s Church on the fourth Thursday of each month and we are seeking volunteers who are interested in helping out with the sale. The next book sale will be on Thursday, June 27th from 4:30-7:30 pm. Volunteers are asked to meet Harold Burger at the library at 4 pm. If you’re interested in volunteering with the book sale, please call us at 522-7076 or email the Library Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you can volunteer or not, please come visit us at 1527 Keeaumoku St., in Makiki District Park during our normal hours: Wednesdays from 2-6 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 12-4 pm.
Come join Representative Della Au Belatti, Friends of the Makiki Community Library, Christ Fellowship Hawaii, The Parish of St. Clement, and Atlas Insurance for the 3rd Annual Makiki Easter Egg Hunt and Community Food Drive.
Here is the schedule for Saturday, April 23, 2011:
- Noon – 2:00 pm: Registration and Activities
- 2:00-3:00 pm: Easter Egg Hunts begin (participation open to ages 12 and under; groups will be organized by age)
- 3:00-4:00: Activities continue in the Library
Activities will take place atÂ Makiki Community Library,Â 1527 Keeaumoku St. All ages are welcome to attend events in the Library!
Here are some of the activities planned in the Library:
- Picture-taking with the Easter Bunny
- Live Storytelling
- Make and Take Art Activities
- HPD Keiki ID
- Scholastic Book Fair
For more information, please contact Representative Della Au Belattii at 586-9425.